The University of Alberta Press publishes works by established and emerging Canadian and international authors whose scholarship enlightens our society, engages communities, and challenges boundaries. We focus on materials for scholars, citizens, and policy makers concerned with prairie, mountain, and circumpolar histories and cultures; First Nations, Métis, and Inuit studies; literary and cultural studies; environmental studies; and Petrocultures. We also publish poetry, short stories and creative nonficiton.
If you are ready to submit now, click here.
Before submitting a scholarly monograph to the University of Alberta Press, please review our Author Handbook: Submissions.
Your proposal should contain:
- A cover letter that includes a brief description of the project, its anticipated length, your timeline for completion, and your complete contact information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail, and fax if any).
- Your current curriculum vitae or résumé, including citizenship and previous publications.
- A five- to ten-page description of the project that addresses the questions outlined in the points below.
- A brief description of the content and focus of the book.
- Primary audience and market. In particular, if the book is intended for instructional use, please indicate this.
- Length of proposed publication; illustrations; scholarly apparatus, etc.
- Background of the project.
- A table of contents.
- Two sample chapters.
To submit a proposal for a scholarly manuscript, click here.
If you have not heard back from us within one week, please contact us again to make sure we have received your submission.
The University of Alberta Press also publishes creative writing by Canadian authors in the Robert Kroetsch Series, as well as creative nonfiction:
- Poetry: The University of Alberta Press accepts poetry manuscripts between September 1 and October 31 each year. At the end of the submission period, the Press will select up to three manuscripts per year for publication.
To submit a poetry manuscript, click here.
- Short fiction: Please submit a one-page synopsis of the book and up to three stories as a sample.
To submit a short fiction manuscript, click here.
- Nonfiction: The Wayfarer Series publishes books of literary travel. Submissions should be accompanied by a synopsis, table of contents, and no more than 50 pages of sample material from the manuscript.
To submit a creative nonficiton manuscript, click here.
- We do not publish novels.
- Chapters, 10504 - 82 Avenue, Edmonton
Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 11am
- Faculty Club, Edmonton, AB T6G 2G9, Canada
Thursday, April 25, 2019, 4pm
- Thursday, April 25, 2019, 7pm
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Friday, April 26, 2019, 12pm
- Saturday, April 27, 2019, 10am
- Cafe Books, 100-826 Main Street, Canmore
Saturday, April 27, 2019, 3pm
- Coles book store in the Peter Pond Mall, Fort McMurray
Saturday, May 4, 2019, 7pm
- Wood Buffalo Regional Library in Macdonald Island Park
Thursday, May 9, 2019, 7pm
- Friday, May 10, 2019, 1pm
- Massy Books, 229 E Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6A 1Z6, Canada
Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 7pm