- William Germano. Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Overview of the scholarly publication process and all its oddities and expectations!
- William Germano. From Dissertation to Book. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
This book contains the best advice for turning a thesis into a book that an academic publisher might be willing to consider. Also, it offers some very solid writing advice for editors of academics.
- The Chicago Manual of Style: The Essential Guide for Writers, Editors, and Publishers (most recent edition). Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
The Bible for all academic editors. This includes both Humanities styles and Author-Date styles for references.
- Joseph Gibaldi and Walter S. Achtert. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. New York: The Modern Language Association.
If you have to use MLA style, this is the nuts and bolts version.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
APA style is one of the most commonly used author-date styles in the social sciences, specifically psychology, behavioral and social sciences, nursing, criminology, and personnel areas. The guide is a must for anyone dealing in any of these fields and also can be used for working in the sciences with author-date style.
- Chapters, 10504 - 82 Avenue, Edmonton
Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 11am
- Faculty Club, Edmonton, AB T6G 2G9, Canada
Thursday, April 25, 2019, 4pm
- Thursday, April 25, 2019, 7pm
- Edmonton, AB, Canada
Friday, April 26, 2019, 12pm
- Saturday, April 27, 2019, 10am
- Cafe Books, 100-826 Main Street, Canmore
Saturday, April 27, 2019, 3pm
- Coles book store in the Peter Pond Mall, Fort McMurray
Saturday, May 4, 2019, 7pm
- Wood Buffalo Regional Library in Macdonald Island Park
Thursday, May 9, 2019, 7pm
- Friday, May 10, 2019, 1pm
- Massy Books, 229 E Georgia St, Vancouver, BC V6A 1Z6, Canada
Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 7pm