- William Germano. Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Overview of the scholarly publication process and all its oddities and expectations!
- William Germano. From Dissertation to Book. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
This book contains the best advice for turning a thesis into a book that an academic publisher might be willing to consider. Also, it offers some very solid writing advice for editors of academics.
- The Chicago Manual of Style: The Essential Guide for Writers, Editors, and Publishers (most recent edition). Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
The Bible for all academic editors. This includes both Humanities styles and Author-Date styles for references.
- Joseph Gibaldi and Walter S. Achtert. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. New York: The Modern Language Association.
If you have to use MLA style, this is the nuts and bolts version.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
APA style is one of the most commonly used author-date styles in the social sciences, specifically psychology, behavioral and social sciences, nursing, criminology, and personnel areas. The guide is a must for anyone dealing in any of these fields and also can be used for working in the sciences with author-date style.
- University of Alberta Faculty Club, 11435 Saskatchewan Dr NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2G9, Canada
Thursday, April 26, 2018, 4pm
- Grande Prairie Regional College, 10726 106 Ave, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 4C4
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
- Thursday, May 17, 2018
- Saturday, May 26, 2018
- Friday, June 15, 2018, 5pm
- Sunday, July 15, 2018
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018
- Memorial Park Library, 1221 2 St SW, Calgary, AB T2R 1N8, Canada
Saturday, September 15, 2018, 2pm
- Monday, November 12, 2018, 8am
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018