- William Germano. Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Overview of the scholarly publication process and all its oddities and expectations!
- William Germano. From Dissertation to Book. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
This book contains the best advice for turning a thesis into a book that an academic publisher might be willing to consider. Also, it offers some very solid writing advice for editors of academics.
- The Chicago Manual of Style: The Essential Guide for Writers, Editors, and Publishers (most recent edition). Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
The Bible for all academic editors. This includes both Humanities styles and Author-Date styles for references.
- Joseph Gibaldi and Walter S. Achtert. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. New York: The Modern Language Association.
If you have to use MLA style, this is the nuts and bolts version.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
APA style is one of the most commonly used author-date styles in the social sciences, specifically psychology, behavioral and social sciences, nursing, criminology, and personnel areas. The guide is a must for anyone dealing in any of these fields and also can be used for working in the sciences with author-date style.
- OTTO Food & Drink, 11405 95 St, Edmonton, AB T5G 1L3, Canada
Thursday, October 18, 2018, 7pm
- Saturday, October 20, 2018, 2pm
- Sunday, October 21, 2018, 11am
- University of Alberta -- Augustana Campus, 4901 46 Ave, Camrose, AB T4V 2R3, Canada
Saturday, October 27, 2018, 10am
- Friday, November 2, 2018, 7pm
- Penhold & District Library, #1, Waskasoo Avenue, Penhold, AB T0M 1R0, Canada
Friday, November 9, 2018, 7pm
- Monday, November 12, 2018, 8am
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018
- Thursday, November 15, 2018, 7pm
- artsPlace Canmore, 950 8 Ave, Canmore, AB T1W 2T1, Canada
Thursday, November 15, 2018, 7pm