- William Germano. Getting It Published: A Guide for Scholars and Anyone Else Serious about Serious Books. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
Overview of the scholarly publication process and all its oddities and expectations!
- William Germano. From Dissertation to Book. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
This book contains the best advice for turning a thesis into a book that an academic publisher might be willing to consider. Also, it offers some very solid writing advice for editors of academics.
- The Chicago Manual of Style: The Essential Guide for Writers, Editors, and Publishers (most recent edition). Chicago: The University of Chicago Press.
The Bible for all academic editors. This includes both Humanities styles and Author-Date styles for references.
- Joseph Gibaldi and Walter S. Achtert. MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers. New York: The Modern Language Association.
If you have to use MLA style, this is the nuts and bolts version.
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. Washington, D.C.: American Psychological Association.
APA style is one of the most commonly used author-date styles in the social sciences, specifically psychology, behavioral and social sciences, nursing, criminology, and personnel areas. The guide is a must for anyone dealing in any of these fields and also can be used for working in the sciences with author-date style.
- 10702 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton
Wednesday, March 29, 2017, 7pm
- Calgary at Memorial Park Library.
Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 7pm
- Arts and Convocation Hall, Student Lounge, U of A Campus
Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 12pm
- Yellowhead Brewery, 10229 - 105 Street
Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 5pm
- Faculty Club, Edmonton, AB T6G 2G9, Canada
Thursday, April 20, 2017, 4pm
- Friday, April 28, 2017
- Camrose, AB, Canada
Tuesday, May 2, 2017, 2pm
- Audreys Books, 10702 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 7pm
- Shelf Life Books, 1302 4 St SW, Calgary, AB T2R 0X8, Canada
Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 7pm
- Faculty Club, Saskatchewan Room, Main Floor
Thursday, May 11, 2017, 3pm