Below is a list of titles published in the last six months.
- I woke up with Moses Henrys boot holding open my jaw and my right eye was looking into his gun barrel. I heard the slow words, Take. It. Back. I know one thing about Moses Henry; he means business when he means business. I took it back and for the last eight months I have not uttered Annie Mukluks name.
Electronic book textCAD39.99GBP28.99USD39.99CAD39.99GBP28.99USD39.99The dismantling of Understanding Canadaan international program eliminated by Canadas Conservative government in 2012posed a tremendous potential setback for Canadianists. Yet Canadian writers continue to be celebrated globally by popular and academic audiences alike. Twenty scholars speak to the governments diplomatic and economic about-face and its implications for representations of Canadian writing within and outside Canada... [READ MORE]
- Sit back, open this book to any page, and delve into the University of Albertas history.You will be fascinated by Dennis Webers remade maps, and Ellen Schoecks succinct recounting of the history of Albertas first university. Aerial photographs from Planning and Infrastructure, the University of Alberta Archives, Creative Services, and private collections round out Dennis Webers maps, and many other images tell the story of a major North Amer... [READ MORE]
Electronic book textCAD19.99GBP19.99USD19.99CAD19.99GBP19.99USD19.99Tony Robinson-Smith, his wife Nadya, and ten Bhutanese college students set out to run 578 kilometres (360 miles) across the Kingdom of Bhutan in the Himalayas. Joined by a stray dog, they slogged over five mountain passes, bathed in ice-clogged streams, ate over log fires, and stopped at every store, restaurant, guesthouse, and dzong to raise money for the Tarayana Foundation. The Tara-thon was the first endeavour of its kind and gave 350 village children the c... [READ MORE]
Electronic book textCAD39.99GBP39.99USD39.99CAD39.99GBP39.99USD39.99Flora Annie Steel (18471929) was a contemporary of Rudyard Kipling and rivaled his popularity as a writer during her lifetime, but her legacy faded due to gender-biased politics. She spent 22 years in India, mainly in the Punjab. This collection is the first to focus entirely on this unconventional memsahib and her contribution to turn-of-the-century Anglo-Indian literature. The eight essays draw attention to Steels multifaceted workranging ... [READ MORE]
- Secrets arent good for families. from Big Luck Island
PaperbackCAD39.95GBP30.99USD39.95Over the course of fifty years, distinguished Staff Sergeant (retired) of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Alert Henry (Al) Lund amassed the largest ever collection of Mountie books, magazines, and comics. From a collection of thousands, he selected approximately one hundred of his favourites for the exhibition and catalogue. In the books, magazines, and comics, the artists and illustrators have captured the image of the Mountie in a variety of styles and have often depicte... [READ MORE]
- Make yourself big when you enter a room, when you meet a bear in the woods. Make yourself big. Meet the eyes.
- On June 23, 1985, the bombing of Air India Flight 182 killed 329 people, most of them Canadians. Today this pivotal event in Canadas history is hazily remembered, yet certain interests have shaped how the tragedy is woven into public memory, and even exploited to advance a strategic national narrative. Remembering Air India insists that we remember Air India otherwise. This collection investigates the Air India bombing and its implications for current deb... [READ MORE]
PaperbackCAD39.95USD39.95Like the popes in Rome, the Prince-Bishops of Salzburg ruled over substantial territories as secular princes. Salt, Sword, and Crozier highlights their dual authoritythe princely sword and the bishops staff or crozierand the basis of their economic power in their control of natural resources such as salt. The exhibition showcases books from the Salzburg prince-bishops seminary library that were printed from the fifteenth through the early-nineteent... [READ MORE]
Electronic book textCAD27.99GBP27.99USD27.99CAD27.99GBP27.99USD27.99Mary Schäffer was a photographer, writer, botanical painter, and mapmaker from Philadelphia, well known for her travels in the Canadian Rockies and Jasper at the turn of the twentieth century. In Searching for Mary Schäffer, Colleen Skidmore takes up Schäffers own resonant themeswomen and wilderness, travel and scienceto ask new questions, tell new stories, and reassess the persona of Mary Schäffer imagined in more recent times. Public... [READ MORE]
Electronic book textCAD19.99GBP19.99USD19.99CAD19.99GBP19.99USD19.99Trudeau appeared to enjoy the encounter. He stood his ground while escaping projectiles, including a tomato